Pluto v3.11 (22 Apr 2014)
This is an update by Robert Sprowson and Martin Avison, with the following
changes to v3.10...
- Changed how Attachments are displayed and handled:
- Display more files and longer names by using small icons.
- Added ability to select & drag several attachments.
- Added prompt for saved attachments if filename already exists, and
can add ~n to filename to avoid overwriting.
- Fixed problem where some attachments could be hidden below window.
- Changed dialog box for Article List menu Export->Attachments to make clearer.
- Fixed corruption problem if 'File n' attachment renamed.
- Changed backups of Mail and News directories in !Pluto.backup:
- Was a numeric suffix requiring them all to be renamed for every debatch.
- Name format now !Pluto.backup.typeyymmdd.hh-mm-ss
- Old files now deleted when older than the days specified.
- Deletion only runs when Pluto exits, not every debatch!
- Changed the Search and Select dialogues:
- Layout of normal and extended Search windows tidied up.
- Indication of whether searches will be Fast or Slower.
- Any Status flag can be ignored or tested for True or False.
- Categories now selectable from menu.
- Add From list now selectable from menu.
- Fixed list window so changing Sort maximised width if already at maximum width.
- Changed Length in Article Lists to be Right aligned, or optionally not.
- Fixed decoding problem with attachment boundaries nested 3 deep.
- Fixed messages for debatch of Articles over 12MB (warning) and 16MB
(limit). Note that Articles over limit are rejected, but still may cause
- Fixed article files growing too much over 16MB, and added message when
all full. Should avoid corrupt Index messages and potential data loss.
- Fixed References processing to avoid message 'References: line from
original article is corrupted' if a header had (a legal)
'References:<newline>'. Also fixed any Hotmail references of
<ref>,<ref> to correct the comma to a space.
- Fixed error when Pluto started with empty articles files.
- Fixed occasional corruption of Mailing List Server broadcast message.
- Increased limit for Article List windows from 12 to 20.
- Added Used space to log file when Pluto ends.
- Included latest Regex v1.06 module.
- Included OLESupport v0.29 (32bit) module, lost from v3.06b.
- Included eSpeak v3.47 module, rather than v1.47.
- Fixed v3.06 interactive help problem in Search windows, and updated for v3.11.
- Changed Choices.setups so removal of Yahoo Groups information from the
end of mailing list posts works again, and documented it.
- Changed Article List and Write Mail/News windows so multiple windows open
with a vertical offset so the title bar is not obscured (like Additional
- Minor improvements to the included Pluto StrongHelp manual.
No files available for this release - see v3.11a.