Pluto v3.14 (15 Dec 2014)
This is a new release by Robert Sprowson and Martin Avison, and is the first
version since v3.06 to be complete (all intermediate updates required v3.06b
to be installed first), and built from the source files held on SourceForge.
This makes it a significant release, even though there are few obvious
visible changes. Thanks should go to Jonathan Duddington for allowing us
access to SourceForge - it has made changes much more controllable.
This release has no significant user changes, but some fixes and small
changes are included.
Note that it is intended that from now on even-numbered versions will be
'release' versions, and odd-numbered ones will be 'development' versions.
The list of changes since v3.11a includes:
- Significant administrative work to update source and its maintenance:
- Added all changes since v3.06b to SourceForge (thanks Jonathan for access).
- Added more objects to SourceForge version control.
- Removed bespoke Pluto versions of parts of RISC_OSLib.
- Created new makefiles.
- Removed about 200 compiler warnings.
- Changed all key codes into macros.
- Defined icon names in Templates file and used in code.
- Squeezed !RunImage - now 50% smaller & faster to load.
- Reworked Pluto website and SourceForge pages.
- Simplified installation and update process:
- Initial Installation for new users no longer needs the InstallNew directory.
- Enabled easier optional use of included Alternative Templates and Sprites.
- Added CleanUp facility to automatically remove redundant files.
- Added newline after Exit message on log file when Pluto ends.
- Used file sprite file_xxx '?' if sprite file_<filetype> is missing.
- Backup Sent facility included.
- Fixed nasty error if mail/news posted when no transport set.
- Changed vertical drop for multiple Article Lists & Viewers, and Write
Mail & News windows, from 40 to 48 to conform with Style Guide.
- Enabled easier optional use of Alternative Templates and Sprites.
- Removed prompt when deleting text in clipboard editor mode.
- Changed Viewer & Write Mail/News shortcut keys for consistency with the rest of Pluto.
If the Editor style is ...
- 'Clipboard', then Ctrl-C/X/V/K are Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete using clipboard.
- 'Like !Edit', then Ctrl-C/V/K are Copy/Move/Delete & clipboard is not used.
- Viewer Ctrl-Shift-D now deletes article, not Ctrl-X/K.
- Added Select All for attachments.
- Changed OS variable <SpellJSD$Dir> to <Pluto$Spell>.
- Fixed cropped box window title.
- Workaround for invalid =0D=0A in quote printable emails.
- Fixed changing CR's to # if article is all Base64 encoded (eg from Blackberry).
- Improved some error messages.
This version is available from the SourceForge link below, or by using the !Store application.
|Zip file ||Size ||Comments
||Full version of !Pluto for new and existing users.