Pluto v3.16 (20 Mar 2016)
The major changes in this Pluto release are to enable Pluto to handle larger
articles without problems, and to split the eSpeak files back into a
There are also a number of minor changes and improvements, and many fixes
(including ones for ZeroPain problems).
This Pluto release is by Robert Sprowson and Martin Avison, built from the source
files held on SourceForge.
Thanks should go to Jonathan Duddington for allowing us access to SourceForge
for Pluto - it has made changes much more controllable.
Please click here for details of eSpeak changes and a download link.
The list of Pluto changes since v3.14 includes:
- Catered for debatching large articles up to 256MB (up from 16MB).
Note this will automatically do a full Repair when first run.
- Added facility to skip debatching an article over 12MB in size.
- Improved hourglass feedback when debatching multi-megabyte files.
- Improved the output from HTML to text option.
- Changed so multiple attachments can be removed.
- Added article validity check on read, like deletes & updates.
- Changed to ignore drags of files within same attachment window.
- Changed the filetypes of all Articles files and most Choices files
from Text to Data to reflect contents.
- Replaced Resources RMStore.FontsISO15 module with Fonts.Encoding.Latin9.
- Moved Speak module and data from !Pluto. See eSpeak page for details of eSpeak changes and a download link.
- Fixed inadvertent Viewer window close when a letter was entered in Subject,
Author or Cats fields which happened to be the first letter of the current box name.
- Fixed invisible cursor when New Document is created from Iconbar.
Also added default values for Author and Subject, to try and avoid blank entries.
- Fixed problems with large Source menus by changing RISC_OSLib.
- Fixed abbreviations with expansions of same letters and length.
- Fixed minor problems with icon numbers in Address Entry window.
- Moved temporary files to <Wimp$ScrapDir>.Pluto
- Changed to delete any orphaned scrap files when Pluto is stopped.
- Tidied SpellCheck code. Created programs to generate DictSp1 & 3.
- Fixed so null transport paths are set if (none) selected.
- Fixed so Boxes cannot be deleted if used in a Filter or User Copy To box.
- Fixed to fade more fields in the Box Edit window irrelevant for the Bin Box.
- Fixed check for article too long so Pluto can recover without problem.
- Fixed Aborts (and even file corruption) if attachment leafnames over 63
characters long. Now truncates with user message.
- Fixed 14 Zero Page access bugs.
- Further changes to improve code maintainability.
This version is available from the SourceForge link below, or by using the !Store application.
For downloads from SourceForge, please note:
- Netsurf and Orgeano2 users may see a SourceForge page saying
Your download will start shortly..., but if nothing happens then click
on the direct link on that page to complete the download.
- The zip file may arrive with a filetype of Data and need changing to RISC
OS filetype of Zip, most easily by just dragging to SparkFS on the
|Zip file ||Size ||Comments
||Full version of !Pluto for new and existing users.